Tuesday, May 21, 2013

orange

thinking about orange. my life is filled with orange. even the foam nerf ball in the corner of my room that I can see out of the corner of my eye. cigarette ends are orange-ish, my skin is a yellowed orange and carrots carrots carrots. its all got an orange hue. orange follows red in the rainbow, rOy g biv. Nothing rhymes with orange. some of my most vivid childhood memories are orange. That nasty kid Robby, a grade above me, tearing open sand crabs on beach day in elementary school, showing the female crab's orange egg filled insides to all the screaming girls, something was not right with him. friend telling me her favorite color was orange when we were 12, thought that was the worst color to have as a favorite. Pencil orange, we weren't allowed to use pens in school until 4th grade, then only the erasable ones (I still prefer a dull Ticonderoga to a pen). dad yelling at me something terrible when I spilled the juice from an orange I was peeling on something carpenter-y that he was working on, I cried so much, he was (I was) so upset--must have been something else that was eating him and my innocent carelessness set him off. Friend in high school with anorexia, ate only carrots and apples, her palms were opaque orange, like duck's feet, I used to stare at her hands in class. the mahogany in my parent's house has such an orange-y glow. The tongue tingle of that fresh squeezed orange-carrot-ginger juice in Germany, like drinking electricity. I know my blood is red, cause I've seen it outside my body... but when iron rusts it's orange. That mop top we dyed orange to make a lion's mane. The favorite orange scarf I left in my cousin's car in Colorado, she's never gonna give it back. The orange beard of the guy I met today on the sidewalk outside the pie shop.  And when our moon is low and orange I feel so close to heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment