there is a feeling that circles my neck
across the ridge on the back, tight under my chin
another that circles the circumference near the top, where a crown would rest snug.
like a crown is resting snug, warm.
the space between these invisible rings is hollow
the space between these rings is full.
the ridge that extends down my nape is taught with the stuff.
I feel the stuff crunching as I move my head; up and around and to the sides.
it's empty under my eyes & cheeks
it makes my lids close
it makes my forehead crinkle.
trying to get it out through my ears, those openings are too small.
it presses--expanding, it shrinks--narrowing.
periphery and pinpoint won't see you anything.
I know what I want to do today.
I don't know what I want to do today.
how could you find the one thing, if you threw it away.
if it's thrown away, if the trash's gone out.
if it fell accidentally in, it still got in.
No comments:
Post a Comment