Sunday, November 17, 2013

November 15, 2011

"on the train to Vienna, feeling sentimental again. Feeling like I can't write--that maybe I don't care. that I don't think & speak in absolutes--maybe this, possibly that. But I have written about boldness already. I do feel emboldened & I hope it sticks when I get home. There is frost on the shrubbery & bare tree branches. It looks like the trees have lost most of the their leaves here. AUSTRIA. Log factory. Remember the girl that helped me on the street at the bus stop in Berlin? When I think about all the places, faces, buildings, countrysides going by, money exchanges, hellos, it's really overwhelming. It's why it feels like it's been so much longer than 2 months. I want to lock my love somewhere, a big Q in a heart. I feel unattractive currently--I don't have a traveler's glow, it's the traveler's dun I've got. Scabs I keep picking, pale face, pink nose. My glasses are consuming my face & they won't stay up. I like to ride on the train, I'm sad when the ride is over. To travel in the fall feels magnificent."



No comments:

Post a Comment